Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

POSE/Barefoot/Minimalist Running Update

So I posted that I was trying out this style of running.  Why didn't I post anymore about it?  Because over the 4th of July I totally overdid it and severely sprained my left foot while running barefoot on Cannon Beach.  I'm getting back into running now after a long break and am still trying out the minimalist runstyle with a pair of Nike Free Runs.  They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn but I think I am going to use short, POSE-style runs for a kind of cross-training.  I am getting the benefit of feeling how and where my foot strikes but I think I prefer my regular shoes and regular style over long distances.  We'll see.  Still, those Nikes are the worlds most comfortable shoe, if not the most attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment